Monday, March 3, 2014

"MAKE-IT-SNAPPY-MONDAY"

Another Monday has rolled around, and that means it's time to share a snappy little project.  This is a card that I made for my grandmother recently, and it features Stampin' Up!'s Another Thank You stamp set (which happens to be a favorite of mine), the Small Heart punch, rhinestone jewel, Spiral Flower die, and Secret Garden Framelits.  It's very hard to tell from the photo, but I used the Simply Scored scoring tool to emboss straight lines at the top left and bottom right corners of the card.  The worst thing about this card was the cost of postage to mail it, but it was what I consider a necessary extravagance--a rip-off from the USPS but definitely worth the cost for it to land in mamaw's mailbox.  I have another fun card to share that features the Spiral Flower die, but I'll save it for another day.  When I was trying to decide if I should get the Spiral Flower die, I kept wondering if I would get enough use from it.  Obviously, it's not a preferred product for card-making if the cards have to be mailed, but I know now that I will thoroughly continue to enjoy this die, particularly for making felt flowers for non-card projects. 

No comments: