Sunday, September 28, 2014

"ARTFULLY SENT" SWING/FLIP CARD

Admittedly, I'm a sucker for CTMH's Cricut cartridges and, when the newest one (Artfully Sent) arrived last week, I took it for a spin and made this card to send to my parents.  This is the only card that I've made so far with the cartridge, but it looks like most of the designs are supposed to end up as 5" x 7" cards, which seem quite large after years of making A2 sized cards.  ;-)  I could be wrong about the recommended size for the cards, but I definitely saw several that were the larger size.  
It's probably too soon to give a true opinion and I've not used the cartridge enough to pass fair judgement, but my instant opinion of this cartridge isn't quite as exciting as its three predecessors and for one main reason . . . I feel that for this particular card, there should have been a few companion (layering) cuts available--at least the cloud!  Sheesh!  I had to create that cut myself and then I cut black card stock and Stampin' Up!'s Champagne glimmer paper to place behind the interior layer.  This wasn't a problem, but it did make the card a little more fussy.  I also used Stampin' Up!'s Word Bubbles Framelits and Just Sayin' stamp set to create the "love ya" feature.  One advantage to the cut-outs for this particular card is that I now have extra pieces (heart, circles, Scottie dog) that I can use on another card.  Everything that I saw about this cartridge (in writing or video) prior to purchasing it seemed to drive home the message that it's all about card-making, which is fine with me.  Please don't misinterpret my expressed opinion after making one card from the cartridge--I'm just sharing my first thoughts, and it's entirely possible that I have missed or overlooked quite a few things.  I will definitely work with the cartridge again and expect to love it as much as I love the three that came before it.  :-)

No comments: