Friday, November 14, 2014

"TODAY & EVERYDAY"

What is it about those three lanterns that kept calling to me from the Stampin' Up! catalog?  The Today & Everyday stamp set is (IMHO) an odd mix of images, and I recently gave in to the urge to own it.  I used an Aqua Painter to color the lanterns and added a doily and ribbon before calling this card "done".  I like this image just as much as I did when I dreamed of being able to make a card with it, and it's one that I will surely use again and again.  There's something to be loved about an image so generic that it is basically along for the ride to deliver a message.
The matryoshka dolls . . . now this is the image in the set that I thought I'd never use, but sometimes I just don't know very much about myself.  Although the dolls could have been much more elaborately colored, I kept things simple so that I could get this card of thanks ready to go.  Each image in the set has a sentiment, but I cut them off to be used independently and chose my sentiment from Stampin' Up!'s And Many More stamp set.

1 comment:

Nancy Dawson said...

You're an enabler! I never noticed this set but will now have to take another look! Super JOB (as usual)!