Monday, May 11, 2015

"MAKE-IT-SNAPPY-MONDAY" . . . AND FREE CRAFT PROJECT CENTRAL SUBSCRIPTION

One of my favorite things about paper crafts is boxes.  I ♥ learning new ways to make them, and this self-closing box is quite a gem--literally with its faceted design.  I'm cheating a little by presenting it for my Make-It-Snappy-Monday project, but it's not too much of a stretch because it is quite easy to make.  I scored the 6" x 8-1/2" card stock at 4" and 8", rotated the card stock, and scored again at 1" and 5".  The diagram below shows the 1" scored lines that were made at the 2" and 6" measures, as well as the diagonal scoring (dashed) and cut lines (solid).  I love that this box can be fully decorated and set aside until ready to fill since the washi tape and twine do not interfere with opening the box! 


Winner, Winner, Winner!
In my May 7th blog post, I promised to give a FREE one-month Craft Project Central subscription and would draw the winning name from those who left a comment HERE.  The winner is Kimberley Morris, who wrote, "What a fun class! I also love the detail on the envelopes, I think I’m gonna have to CASE."  Kimberley, if you'll email me at randari at Hotmail dot com, we'll get your subscription started.

No comments: