Friday, May 8, 2015

"SWEET LAUGHTER" FOR SKETCH CHALLENGE #47

Each month, there's a new Creating Pretty Cards - Sketch Challenge at Craft Project Central, and I always look forward to participating.  It's always good to try a new layout for a card and, if you're like me, you are always glad that you tried something new and different.  As I was working on this month's Sketch Challenge #47, I don't know how many double-takes I did . . . surprised at how many layers there were and making sure I got the "overs and unders" placed correctly.  ;-)  I didn't realize how many layers were on the sketch just by looking at it, but Julie Beltramo did a great job of designing this month's challenge.  She even has a tutorial that you can follow HERE.  Following is the sketch:
And this is the card that I designed:
The colors that I used are Wisteria Wonder, Pistachio Pudding, Whisper White, and Crumb Cake.  Yes, that really is Crumb Cake, even though it looks darker in the photo.  The stamped image was colored with an Aqua Painter.  I apologize for the poor photo quality but, after taking too many photos, I just chose a non-blurry one that made the Wisteria Wonder look somewhat close to its actual color.  I hope you'll follow Julie's tutorial and create a card for this month's Creating Pretty Cards - Sketch Challenge #47.  Did you know that for every ten cards submitted, a winner will be selected (at random) and given a FREE one-month subscription to Craft Project Central?
REMINDER!!!!!
On Monday, May 11th, I will be giving a FREE one-month subscription to Craft Project Central.  To be entered in the drawing, all you need to do is leave a comment on the project that I designed this month ("Just Kidding" Greeting Card Set) HERE.
 
 


No comments: