Tuesday, February 7, 2017

A SILLY DAISY BITTYBLOOM FOR BETTY

The title of this post rolls off the tongue in a fun kind of way, huh?  While cleaning off my table and putting things away, I came across a cute Stamping Bella stamp that has hardly been used--maybe never, so I stopped the work in progress (isn't that what every good procrastinator would do) and made this card for aunt Betty:


I thought and thought and thought of what kind of sentiment I could use, and what caused so much thinking was the fact that Daisy Bittybloom is covering her mouth with her hands--as if she's said or done something sneaky or naughty or just sort of ha-ha.  I found this quote by Bert Williams, "I named all my children after flowers.  There's Lillie and Rose and my son, Artificial." but wanted to tweak it a bit to include a daisy, of course, and flowers that are favorites of aunt Betty's.  This seemed like a fun quote that will put a smile on her face.  In keeping with the quirky fun, I cut the card smaller than usual and finished it by adding twine tied in a bow and three sequins--because sequins are always fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute as a daisy! ��