Tuesday, February 14, 2017

WATERCOLORED "INSIDE THE LINES"

I came to my table to clean up today and, when I opened the drawer where my designer paper is stored, one of the lovely floral prints in the Inside the Lines collection started yelling my name and screaming, "Use me! Use me!".  Can you see what I mean?


So I did what any responsible avid stamper would do . . . I cleared a tiny space in which to work, opened my Watercolor Pencils, dug under a lot of fun things to find my Blender Pen, and got busy.  Once I was finished coloring, I thought the small leaves could use a bit more vivid color, so I used an Aqua Painter and Old Olive ink to go over them.  I am finding this to be a "go to" trick when coloring with the pencils, and it seems to work whether I'm using cardstock, watercolor paper, or even designer paper as I learned today.  I'm usually really careful when using the Blender Pen since it can cause cardstock to pill/break down if overworked or if you don't keep the pen moving, but this paper held up very, very well to both coloring accoutrama.  


After the coloring was complete, I embossed the paper with the Elegant Dots embossing folder, added a few sequins, used a glitter brush on the bee's wings, and embossed the sentiment (which was stamped onto Vellum cardstock with black ink) with Iridescent Ice embossing powder.  I should use this embossing powder more often--it's sooooooooo sparkly and pretty!


No comments: