Monday, May 28, 2018

MASCULINE SYMPATHY CARDS

We all know that masculine cards can be challenging, and masculine sympathy cards even more so.  It seemed kind of unique that I found myself needing to make two of them over the weekend.  Wood Textures designer paper, Lovely as a Tree stamp set, and Tailored Tag punch to the rescue!


If I don't love a card, it doesn't leave my house.  In the case of sympathy cards, I always make them as needed--it's kind of a ritual that lets me truly give my time, thoughts, and prayers for the recipients. 

Once I had a design in mind for these cards, they were rather quick to make.  Doesn't the punched designer paper make a great background?  After the punched shapes were adhered to a piece of cardstock and the excess trimmed from the edges, I embossed the layer with the Pinewood Planks embossing folder.  Other Stampin' Up! products used include 3/4" Circle and Classic Label punch, and the brand new Itty Bitty Greetings stamp set.

3 comments:

Nancy Dawson said...

Such a great sympathy card for males. TFS

lisa808 said...

I find masculine cards very difficult to create. This design is awesome!

Stasher said...

I love the woodgrain paper and have used it for a bunch of guy cards. My sister is working on a photo album of her son's Americorps tome and makes use of this paper as well.