Wednesday, May 30, 2018

FUN WATERCOLORING WITH AQUA PAINTER

I've had a few sets of Art Impressions Watercolor Stamps for many months--maybe a year.  I don't know why I didn't work with them more when I first got them--they just got put away.  Sometimes crafters/stampers spend more time on "getting and having" rather than using all that we have.  It might sound better to put it this way . . . by the time what we thought we had to have arrives, we forget why we thought we had to have it so we find a place to put it.  That happens to you, too, right? Anyway . . . over the weekend, I decided to give the little stamps some love--and now I think I'm in love.  Just for the record . . . I am not an artist, nor do I claim to be, and I know that the card I'm sharing today won't wow a lot of people, but I am quite proud of it.  


Those pinkish-purple flowers?  They're my favorite to work with, and I can see (now) that some staggered height might be more pleasing to the eye.  I still have a lot to learn, but a few little stamps, markers, watercolor paper, and my Aqua Painter made for some stamping fun and creativity.  In case you don't know about the watercolor stamps, the images that I used (assorted flowers and grass) are intended to be inked with markers, stamped 4 or 5 times in the same area, and then tapped with a wet brush (I used my Aqua Painter) so the finished project looks like a watercolor painting rather than a stamped work of art.  It's a really forgiving process and quite enjoyable.  There might be some Stampin' Up! images suitable for this watercolor technique, and I intend to look into that.  :-)

1 comment:

Nancy Dawson said...

As always = stunning.