Friday, December 21, 2018

"COUNTRY ROAD" + "BUTTERFLY GALA"

Today's post features a sentiment from a brand spankin' new stamp set (Butterfly Gala) and images from a new-to-me stamp set, Country Road.  I have wanted this set since my eyes first landed on it, but it always seemed to get bumped off of my orders until recently.  


I can't take full credit for the design, though, because my card was heavily inspired by one created by another demonstrator, Marilyn Harres.  

How did I make it?
1)  Crumb Cake ink was used to stamp the wood-like image from Timeless Textures all over the Whisper White cardstock.
2)  Shaded Spruce ink was used to stamp the leafy stem image from Country Road, and I used Gorgeous Grape ink to stamp the flowers from Jar of Love.
3)  Early Espresso ink was used to stamp the wagon wheel image.
4)  Shaded Spruce and Early Espresso inks were sponged on the edges, and then I used Shaded Spruce ink to stamp that pretty sentiment.
5)  The Whisper White cardstock was adhered to a layer of Gorgeous Grape cardstock.  The Braided Linen Trim was wrapped around the two layers, tied in a bow, and then that layer was adhered to the Crumb Cake card base.  
6)  The finishing touch was the addition of the three sequins.  They're from the Gingham Gala Adhesive-Backed Sequins pack--another new product available January 2019 from the Occasions Catalog.

No comments: