Wednesday, December 5, 2018

MY EASY PEASY CENTERPIECE

Last year, I created (what I think) is a lovely decoration in my living room using a rustic metal tray and some mini pillows made by my sweet mother.  You can see that post HERE.  As my mind started thinking about Christmas, my plan was to take the remaining pillow covers that my mother had made and decorate them using Chalk Couture transfers and ink.  And then I remembered my little stash of cotton/muslin sacks that wouldn't require any sewing!  I present to you . . . the Christmas centerpiece for my coffee table:


I love it!  Know what else I love?  The fact that I could just as easily hang those sacks as ornaments on my tree (when I find a place to put it, that is).

I won't link all of the Chalk Couture products that I used because a couple of them are retired, but I'll list them:
Days Until Christmas (transfer)
Mini Holiday Icons (transfer)
Peace Joy Believe (transfer)
Mistletoe (transfer)
Snowflakes (transfer)
Happy Camper Add-On Winter (transfer)
Wise Men (transfer
Azure Chalkology Paste
Candy Apple Couture Ink
Shimmer Gold Couture Ink
Shimmer Silver Couture Ink
Eucalyptus Couture Ink
Morning Sky Chalkology Paste
Garden Herb Chalkology Paste

Note:  You'll notice that I used a combination of Couture Ink and Chalkology Paste.  Typically, you would prefer ink on fabric; however, since I do not plan to launder the sacks, it's all okay.  ;-)

No comments: