Thursday, December 27, 2018

MY 2018 CHRISTMAS CARDS

I don't know why I impose on myself a little frantic rush to the Christmas season, but I seem to think that I need to spend precious time making the Christmas cards that I will send to family and friends.  It's really not necessary because I always seem to have a lot of cards from the samples that I make, but I still rush to make a stack.  I had two main designs this year:


The first card features Stampin' Up!'s Buffalo Check background stamp, Sprig punch, glimmer paper, retired black and white designer paper, Whisper White and Smoky Slate cardstock.  The sentiment is from Stampin' Up!, but I can't recall which one at the moment.  Because I was in a time crunch, I used my Cricut Explore to cut the green sprigs, tiny reindeer, ovals, and trees.  Funny discovery took place when the trees were cut.  As I peeled the glimmer paper from the mat, I soon found myself confused as to which trees were the ones that I had cut--the ones that came up with the paper or the ones stuck to the mat.  Because I let the machine set up the cuts to save paper, they were cut so close that the "negative" was absolutely useable!  Bonus!


My second card features the Softly Falling embossing folder, Winter Woods stamp set, Vellum and Whisper White cardstock, Shaded Spruce ink, In the Wood Framelits, silver sequins, and a retired die was used to cut "Merry" from glimmer paper.   

I had purchased the "Cool Christmas" stamp set and dies from My Favorite Things, and I had to complete at least one card featuring these cute snowmen with a tree tied to the top of their car.  I think that image worked very well with the background, don't you?



3 comments:

Stasher said...

I loved my buffalo check card. Both cards are really beautiful!

lisa808 said...

Fabulous cards! Though the second and third are absolutely gorgeous, the first one with the really caught my eye. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Nancy Dawson said...

Gorgeous as usual! Love the card.