Sunday, January 27, 2019

WATERCOLORED "WONDERFUL ROMANCE"


Hopefully, you're not tired of seeing Wonderful Romance creations because I have another one to show today.  On this card, I tried to re-create a vintage floral design--and things were going really well until I added the dark sponging around the edges.  You'd probably never know that beneath that darkness there are layers of Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, and Pear Pizzazz.  The Early Espresso covered it all.


The image was stamped onto watercolor paper with Early Espresso ink, and I like how the Aqua Painter picked that up as I was coloring the image.  I used Shaded Spruce and Granny Apple Green to color the leaves, Pacific Point to color the flowers, and a Crushed Curry marker was used to color those tiny leaves with the white dots.  The ribbon picks up the Granny Apple Green color very nicely; however, the photo makes the ribbon appear to be more yellow than green.  🙁  The layer behind the watercolor paper is Coastal Cabana.  While the colors may seem like an odd combination, they really do work so well--if only you could see the card in real life. Finishing touches were the placement of rhinestone jewels to the center of each flower, and the flower petals received some glittery strokes of the Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush.

2 comments:

Nancy Dawson said...

You amaze me! Gorgeous!

Nancy Dawson said...

BTW 'cause of you I ordered that set!