Thursday, August 29, 2019

"BEAUTIFUL FRIENDSHIP" SHUTTER GATE FOLD CARD + LINK TO TUTORIAL

My friend, Laura, recently shared pictures of some gorgeous and creative cards that she made, and a Shutter Gate Fold card was among them.  Do you remember this type of card from a few years back?  There's a reason why "fun fold" is the term given to describe cards that have a . . . well . . . fun fold, and the Shutter Gate Fold is just that--and WOW for the recipient.  With Laura's card fresh on my mind and the need to create a birthday card, I got busy.  She had used pretty designer paper on her card, but I decided to cut the layers that I needed from Whisper White cardstock and then cover them with images from my most favorite Beautiful Friendship stamp set.  It looks like I used designer paper, doesn't it?


If I remember correctly, my cardstock and ink colors are Flirty Flamingo, Gorgeous Grape, Old Olive, and Whisper White.  If the colors look familiar, it's because I shared a sympathy card in this post that was created around the same time.  In the following photo, you can see how the "shutter" is beginning to slide out of the way to reveal the interior sentiment as the card is being opened.


No, your eyes aren't playing tricks on you.  The above photo really doesn't have any rhinestone jewels.  They were added after this photo was taken, and I was too lazy busy to take another shot.


The photo above shows the card completely opened with the decorative band at the bottom center.

Sooooooo . . . have you purchased your own Beautiful Friendship stamp set?  I'm wondering if I should purchase a second one in case I totally wear out the one that I'm loving.  I don't know if it's possible to wear out a stamp set, but I'm sure to eventually find out with this one!  😜

BTW, if you're looking for a tutorial for this fun fold, you can find one HERE.

2 comments:

Laura Lipe said...

I love your card! That stamp set is gorgeous! Great job on the shutter card. It’s Such a fun one!

Nancy Dawson said...

WOW ... love it and especially the 'designer' paper.