Sunday, August 4, 2019

PATRIOTIC PILLOW

After completing my patriotic geranium wool applique block, I couldn't get the idea out of my head of using it on a pillow cover.  It would just be too perfect!

So I gathered together a pillow cover and some Chalk Couture transfers for my project, and here it is:


There's even a design on the back of the pillow!
Below is a photo of the pillow cover before the pillow form was inserted:


After transferring the Chalk Couture designs onto the pillow cover and setting the ink with my Cricut Easy Press, I was ready to stitch the wool block onto the cover.  Although this project took a bit longer from start to finish than a lot of projects, each step was easy to accomplish.

Chalk Couture products featured on this project include (photos at bottom of post):
Stars and Stripes Chalk Transfer
Pinwheels Chalk Transfer
Beach Day Chalk Transfer
Cut Apart Hearts Chalk Transfer
Retro Ornaments Chalk Transfer
Candy Apple Red Couture Ink
Shimmer Gold Couture Ink
Midnight Sky Couture Ink

Are you ready to start making some beautiful Chalk Couture projects for your home?  Check out the fantastic products HERE.  Have questions?  Email me at randari at hotmail dot com.

ETA:  Some of the Chalk Transfers that I used for my pillow are either retired or currently unavailable.  Since I've had a few questions about what those transfers looked like, I am posting photos below.  From the photos, you can tell how wonderful it is to mix and match images from assorted Chalk Transfers.  The images featured on my pillow are circled in red:



Couture Ink colors used:  Candy Apple Red, Shimmer Gold (paste is shown in 
the photo, but I used Shimmer Gold Couture Ink), and Midnight Sky