Tuesday, August 20, 2019

HOW TO GIVE A PLAIN CARD A BURST OF COLOR

Remember the heap of hearts that I shared in this post?  I needed one of those hearts last week to be the burst of color on a "kept simple" thank you card.  


I was so sure at the time that I would remember what was used to color the stamped and black-embossed heart, but that knowledge escapes me at the moment.  I'm almost certain that I used Watercolor Pencils and an Aqua Painter.  What I know for sure is that I love the simplicity of this card with those rainbow-colored facets and the softness added by the torn vellum with its gold-embossed sentiment.  This heart image is so fun to color!   You might even say it's addictive because once you get started, you just want to color more and more.  


If you want to get in on the coloring fun that is also stress-reducing and pleasant and will be just what you need to whip up some cards like this one, following is what you need:

Heat Tool (Did you know that Stampin' Up!'s Heat Tool has TWO heat settings?)

And yes . . . there had to be a coordinating envelope.


1 comment:

Nancy Dawson said...

Stunning...now I have been enabled!