Wednesday, December 18, 2019

FOLDED DOILY TREE & FLANNEL CHRISTMAS CARDS

I finally got my Christmas cards completed and in the mail.  For a while, I started thinking that I'd have to send store-bought cards this year, but I treated myself to a "card day" over the weekend.  Actually, I purchased a box of cards, but they just didn't work for me.  Seeing that the cards were accordion-folded and had just the right amount of glitter and cut-outs is what caught my eye, but I missed the description about the size of the cards when opened.  Can you say "WOW!!!"?


I don't know anyone who would have enough space to display a card that--when open--is 5.5" tall x almost 33" wide!  It's a beautiful card, but . . . why so big???  I could have used two of the cards for festive window valances!  Needless to say, the box of cards got returned to the store.

And then I worked on a fun design that had assorted layers and textures, and I used two pieces of flannel fabric--some with haphazard stitching, some without:



I folded doilies to create the tree shapes and used torn vellum for the tree trunks.  Assorted glimmer paper was used for the punched star and twig embellishments and, of course, I added sequins to some of the cards.



All of the cards featured a dry-embossed layer, which added yet another texture.  These cards were among my favorites this year!

Stay tuned because I will be sharing photos of a couple more cards between now and Christmas.  😊

No comments: