Monday, March 16, 2020

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU"


My favorite Sale-a-Bration product from Stampin' Up! this year is the Happy Birthday to You stamp set and, of course, the coordinating Birthday dies from the Coordination Product Release promotion.  Unfortunately, the dies are sold out, but there's still time to earn the FREE stamp set!

I needed a birthday card for a really sweet lady, and this is what I made:


My inspiration for this card came from one created by Stesha Bloodhart.  I stamped the cake image with VersaMark ink and then heat-embossed with white embossing powder.  Prior to die-cutting the image, an aqua painter was used to add color with Sahara Sand, Pear Pizzazz, Soft Suede, and Blueberry Bushel ink.  The sentiment was also heat-embossed with white embossing powder onto a scrap of Vellum cardstock, which I tore and wrapped around the Balmy Blue cardstock layer.  The card didn't really "need" sequins, but I think they made it a little more festive.

Even though the dies aren't available, I recommend taking another look at the stamp set because it's a very useful one!  Just look at how large the cake image is!  The cake and sentiment can stand alone on the front of a card.

No comments: