Sunday, March 1, 2020

"TIMELESS TROPICAL" ACCORDION FOLD

One of the best ways to showcase beautiful designer paper on a card is to create a card that has multiple sections, layers, panels, etc.  This accordion design definitely delivers!  The photos are quite terrible, but . . . check it out:


I mailed this card to my friend, Laura, and don't remember the size of the scored sections.  I know I tried using 5-1/2" x 12" cardstock, scored at 2" intervals for the accordion folds, but I remember wanting to use 11" wide cardstock.  Obviously, either width could be used--just score to create six sections and trim the last section to the same size as the others.  It's that simple!


The "stand out" focal point is what makes this card exciting.  Not only does it hold the folded panels (nearly) flat for mailing--they just fold and tuck behind it--I really like that the featured art (or sentiment) maintains center stage presence whether the card is open or closed.  Notice the Stitched So Sweetly dies?  They are wonderful!


And this is how the card looked when it was closed and ready for mailing:


Stampin' Up! products featured on this card include:


No comments: