Wednesday, March 4, 2020

POPPIES FOR MALENA'S 18TH BIRTHDAY


It's so hard to believe that my great-niece, Malena, will be 18 years old this Friday!  It's even harder to believe that I'm old enough to have a great-niece who is 18!!!  When she was a little girl, she loved the few opportunities that she had to stamp with me.  For years, I kept stamps and ink pads in my stamp room that were only for her.  If anyone can appreciate a hand-crafted birthday card, it is Malena; therefore, it was imperative that I make something special.  My friend, Laura, actually made it easy for me to decide what to make because she had sent me a "fun fold" card recently that I was eager to try.  I hope you aren't tired of poppies just yet because I'm still enjoying the designer paper and Poppy Moments dies. 

This is what the front of Malena's card looked like . . . a gatefold held closed with a decorative band:


See how the card opens with the band removed . . .


Isn't the designer paper just gorgeous?  And once the gatefold flaps start opening, it's easy to see that there's even more beauty on the inside . . . 


Since I was going to send money in this card, I created a diagonal pocket on the left panel.  I used a piece of vellum cardstock as a signature layer that I adhered to the panel on the far right.  Doesn't this look like a really fun card?  


The scalloped rectangles on the center pop-out section were cut with Stitched So Sweetly dies.  If you haven't purchased them yet, you really should because that set has a fantastic shape selection!!!


Happy Birthday, Malena!!!

2 comments:

Stasher said...

I can't believe Malena's 18 either! I love that card! Is it possible to post the instructions on your FB page?

Regina Andari - workinouttheinks.blogspot.com said...

Done! The instructions have been posted to my Workin' out the Inks Facebook group. :-)