Sunday, September 13, 2020

"WHALE OF A TIME" FLOATING GATEFOLD


My great-nephew is 9 years old today, so I'm sharing the floating gatefold card that I made for him.  Stampin' Up!'s Whale of a Time designer paper collection was just perfect and full of color!  My inspiration and the overall design for this card was heavily influenced by one that Carole Baumgartner had made but, of course, I made a couple of fun changes, such as the fun shaker window on the front that gives a glimpse to the ocean scene on the inside.


Isn't it fun to see a little peep of the whale and sea turtle before opening?  I used the whale punch to cut the whale from the designer paper, and scissors were used to cut the sea turtle.  The images in this paper collection are so colorful and pretty!

And when the card is opened, there are two pop-up mechanisms that allow the whale and sea turtle to "float" in the ocean.  


It's a fun birthday card, huh?


1 comment:

Stasher said...

Wow, this is a fun card! Where would I find instructions for this one?