Friday, January 5, 2024

"EVERYDAY DETAILS" FAUX SHUTTER/FRACTURED CARD (with instructions)

 


My stampin' friend, Brenda, sent me a really pretty Christmas card featuring the faux shutter/fractured card technique, and it is so neat!  And so easy to make!  Below is a picture of the card from Brenda:


This technique is another one that puts designer paper in the spotlight and, since I always have an abundance of paper that I seem to hoard, maybe I can start putting it to use.  The short version of how to make a faux shutter/fractured card:

1.  Cut designer paper to fit your card base.  For my card, the paper is 4" x 5.25".
2.  Cut a square of cardstock, and place it "on point" in the horizontal center just a little way down form the top of the paper.
3.  If you want to layer the square, cut a smaller one (as Brenda did) and adhere it to the center of the on point square.
4.  Cut a few strips of cardstock (or paper) that are 1/2" wide.  Of course, you can cut them as wide or narrow as you like.
5.  Place the first strip so that the top aligns with the corner of the square, and the bottom extends past the edge of the paper.  Repeat this process until you have framed the square.

Easy peasy, huh?  Now let me show you my card:


As you can see, I used an embossing folder to give my Balmy Blue strips some texture.  Isn't that bird's nest one of the sweetest things?  It's one of the images in Stampin' Up!'s brand new "Everyday Details" stamp set.  I took some time earlier this week to stamp and color the images, and they are all so easy to color!  It's nice to have a few of them all ready for cards.  


And what does every little nest of pretty eggs need?  A brush of Wink of Stella, of course!  That glitter brush is one of my most favorite "tools" and it seems to never get put away . . . at least not for very long.

If you haven't tried the faux shutter/fractured card technique, give it a whirl.  I'm pretty sure you're going to love it.

Have a stampin' good day!

1 comment:

Nancy Dawson said...

Beautiful as ever. Almost makes me want to re-enter SU... Happy New Year my cyber friend.