Tuesday, January 2, 2024

HOLIDAY TRIPLE POP-UP CARD . . . AND MY RETURN TO BLOGGING

Happy new year!!!

It's so hard for me to believe that I dropped the blogging ball so drastically last year.  At first, I struggled to find the time and then . . . as the span of time widened since the last post . . . I felt that I'd lost what little audience I once had.  Surprisingly, I still had visitors but lost a couple of followers.  Mostly, I really have missed my blog!

What happened?  The long and short of it is . . . life.  Life is what happened.  Working part-time took a bigger bite out of my "me" crafting time than I ever imagined that it would.  I only work three days per week; however, I am usually worthless by the time I get home.  Of course, the evening is gone in a flash by the time I have dinner, chat with my mother, bathe, and play with the dogs.  Often, my craft room stays dark and lonely on the days that I work.  I also share my creative time with another hobby . . . sewing.  I thought making cards could be time-consuming, but sewing really requires a lot of time and concentration.  Whew!  

I may not ever get back to sharing as many blog posts as I used to, but I am going to try my best to breathe life into this blog as often as I can.

Today I'm sharing a fun holiday card.  I know, I know . . . Christmas has come and gone, but I thought this card turned out so cute.

It's a triple pop-up card that is such a fun and simple one to make.  This particular fun-fold design is a perfect choice when you have designer paper that you really want to showcase.  I don't recall the name of the designer paper, but it's from Stampin' Up!'s 2022 holiday collection.  The stamped and colored images are from CTMH's "Pawliday Express" stamp set and coordinating dies.  They were too cute for me to resist!  I don't know why it didn't occur to me that they would take sooooooooooo very long to color, but wow . . . I spent hours (maybe even days) just coloring.  I had die-cut all of the shapes and then did all the stamping which seemed so much quicker than stamping first and then lining up the dies for cutting.  And I die-cut and stamped a LOT of these images because I had no idea that they'd take so long to color.  LOL


The above photo shows the view from looking down at the card, and it demonstrates how perfectly the triple pop-up design is for showcasing pretty designer paper.  Even though the stamped images took time to color, they were worth the effort, don't you agree?  

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Good to see you back! -Debbie

Nancy Dawson said...

Hello! I thought I had lost your following! So glad to have you back and your gorgeous creations. I love the card and is colored to perfection. I left SU and hubs bought me an embroidery machine and guess what NEW HOBBY... I can't find time for cards anymore but I do miss it. My scrapbooking has suffered too but like you said too much to do just not enough time. Hope to see more of your things as you go.

Jeria said...

It is great to have you back!! You have been missed.