Tuesday, January 30, 2024

WINTER "SQUARE COLUMN" CARDS

 


Last November, my friend, Laura, sent me the neatest birthday card!  It was a Square Column design that folded flat for mailing, and I just loved it.  Had to make one (or a few).  While I made a couple of Christmas cards featuring this fun design, the cards that I'm sharing today are thank you cards that I made after Christmas.


As you can see, I covered part of the inside of the column with the same designer paper that I used on the outside, but a coordinating color for the card base would look fine with designer paper only on the outside.  


I like the look of the two colors of snowflakes on this card.  As you can see, there's plenty of space for writing your greeting on the white panel, but you might want to continue building a scene there and use the back of the card for your greeting.  


I continued the snowflake theme on this card but used different colors and opted to inlay the snowflakes on the gray panel.

Making a Square Column card is quite simple.  The card base is 5-1/2" x 10-1/8" and scored at 4.25, 5.75, 7.25, and 8.75 inches.  Let me know if you make some cards like this, and I know you'll tell me how much you love them!  This would be a great way to dig into your ever-growing stash of designer paper and put some of it to use.

Okay.  That's all for now.  Off you go.  You've got some cards to make.

No comments: