Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Ahoy! Me Matey Needs T'Shave!

But isn't he cute anyway? This card is all kinds of dirty and distressed! No, I didn't drop it on the floor and walk all over it. After stamping the background, I used a sponge to apply ink to the outer edges of that layer, used the distressing tool on the edges, and then inked them with Chocolate Chip ink. All of this was done after I'd wadded up the layer! I also wadded up the layer that "me matey" is stamped on! He was colored with markers, but I used the ZIG Painty on his knife. Other products used were the Round Tab Punch, natural hemp twine, eyelets, and the Crop-a-Dile.

Most people think this stamp set (Ahoy, Matey) is just for kids, but anyone (any age) would probably like to get this matey in the mail. You can even search for pirate lingo/talk and come up with your own sentiments!

No comments: