Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Scallops & More Scallops

Scallops seem to be all the rage, and I have to admit that I love them, too. There are scallop punches in all shapes and sizes, and there are other punches that can be used to create scalloped edges if you don't own the special punches. The dark scalloped circle in the center of the flower was created with Stampin' Up!'s brand new punch! What I like about this new punch is that it's just the right size to use with our circle punches, AND there are many stamp set images that fit this new punch! It's hard to tell from the picture, but two of the "Pick a Petal" images were used to create the flower petals. I also used a stamp (hello) from "In the Spotlight." Of course, the wavy sentiment on this card is from "Stem Sayings." This card is just full of new stuff . . . Pick a Petal, In the Spotlight, Stem Sayings, Scallop punch, Blue Bayou and Soft Sky card stock and . . . the "popcorn scallop" technique. Since I plan to demo this neat edging at my upcoming workshops, I won't reveal how it's accomplished. You might as well stop hitting your monitor because my mind is made up. ;-)

No comments: