Saturday, November 3, 2007

NON-STAMPIN' UP! PROJECTS

When I bought this tree stamp, I was planning to ink it, stamp it, and then add some Swarovsky Hot-Fix Crystals to it. Once that was complete, I decided to add some gold Stickles to the ribbons of garland. I think "garland" is the wrong word but, for the life of me, I can't remember what the decoration is called . . . when you wrap ribbon around a tree. Sorry! Anyway, this card actually looks very nice and sparkly in person; however, it does NOT photo well. And the sun won't be up for a few more hours, so I can't open the blinds and let in natural light. The card stock is by SU . . . Forest Foliage, Ruby Red, and Whisper White.


And now for the second non-SU card. I got some fun things for my birthday . . . some Spellbinders' dies (scallop ovals, classic ovals, and Sleigh Ride) that I couldn't wait to play with! The sleigh on this card was cut (from aluminum) and embossed with the Wizard. It's such a pretty sleigh! The packages and bows were also cut and embossed with the Wizard, although the designer paper and card stock are by SU.

No comments: