Friday, November 23, 2007

WANNA SEE SOMETHING CUTE?


This little guy is a pin made from a bottle cap. Not just any bottle cap . . . it had to be an unused one. If you have all the supplies needed, this is really an easy project. I began by using the heat tool to heat the cap so I could easily remove the rubber ring from inside the cap. Then, I ran the cap through the Wizard die cut and embossing machine to "mash" it. I stamped the snowman image from "Wishing You Cheer" with black StazOn ink and used Stampin' Up! markers to color it. The stamped and colored image was punched with a 1" circle punch, adhered to the inside of the bottle cap, and then Crystal Effects was poured on top. Waiting for the Crystal Effects to dry is the hardest part! I still need to put the pin on the back, but these bottle cap creations could just as easily be made into refrigerator magnets. The possibilities are about as limited as your imagination!

No comments: