Sunday, December 9, 2007

CHRISTMAS "CRACKER"



Goodness! It's been a while since I posted to the blog, huh? Sorry about that! It's been a busy time, and I'm sure you've been feeling the squeeze and rush, too. This "cracker" is one of my newest projects--just completed it a few minutes ago--and I wanted to post it here. This is no small package! From end to end, it's approximately 10.5" long, 2.5" deep, and 2.5" wide, and it is filled with my favorite Truffles . . . milk chocolate with a "smooth melting white filling." This is my grandmother's favorite Truffle, too, and this Cracker is for her . . . unless I decide to make another Cracker with a snowman theme. I really should since the Truffles are wrapped in white and blue paper with a snowman image. I'll try to do that tomorrow and decorate the project with a little more umph. This is actually an easy project to make! I used my Scor-Pal, which I L-O-V-E. Begin with a piece of 12x12 card stock, score it at 2.5" intervals which will leave a 2" strip on the end. Turn the card stock 1/4 turn and score vertically at 2.5" from each end. Trim the two ends that you just scored with decorative scissors. Fold on all scored lines to crease them well, and then place Sticky Strip on the 2.5" end of the card stock. Fold the project into a square with the 2" scored panel on the inside. Remove the protective covering off the Sticky Strip and secure the shaped box. After you have decorated the four panels, pinch one end of the card stock and tie closed with ribbon. Fill the Cracker and then pinch the other end of the card stock closed and tie with ribbon. That's it!

No comments: