Friday, December 21, 2007

SU RUB-ONS

This past week, I received two Spellbinders' dies that I had ordered, one of which was "Flower Creations." OMG!!! This is a wonderful die! Just look at the layered flowers I created! I have all kinds of paper and card stock in my stamp room, so I grabbed a pad of DCWV paper and used five coordinating colors/patterns to make the cuts. Choosing which ones to use for the layers wasn't easy! In the center of the three flowers, I used a pink SU rhinestone brad, which is a perfect embellishment for them! While very little of this card is made with SU products, a very important detail is SU . . . the white "you make me smile" sentiment. It's one of the images on the "Eastern Elegance" sheet of rub-ons, which is one of the new products in the Spring/Summer Collection catalog. It's been a while since I used rub-ons, but this was easy-peasy! I just cut (from the sheet) the image that I wanted to use, peeled off the backing, placed the image where I wanted it to appear on my card, and used the craft stick to rub the top of the image. Voila! Instant image transfer! Sooooooo easy and such a nice look! In case you're wondering, each pack of SU rub-ons contains two sheets that are FULL of designs (images, sentiments, words, etc.) . . . one sheet of black rub-ons, and one sheet of white rub-ons. When January rolls around, these little gems will certainly be on my first order of the year.

No comments: