Saturday, September 13, 2008

WHAT IS IT?

They're not too exciting to look at, but they might come in handy! They're "dimensionals." Tonight, as I was mounting a die-cut stamp set, it occurred to me to save the foam (which has adhesive on both sides) and see if it will work as well as Stampin' Dimensionals. I cut the foam into assorted sizes and placed the cuts on waxed paper. I have no idea if they'll lose their tack or get permanently stuck to the waxed paper, but time will tell. It's worth a try, right? This next picture is the leftover rubber after I removed the images and the sticky foam. I had heard that this rubber made a good template for shading stamped images, so I gave it a whirl! Pretty cool, huh? The last picture shows the shaded sentiment by itself. It could certainly mimic a layer on a card, don't you think? At any rate, these are some nifty ideas that you may want to try the next time you have a stamp set to mount. What may look like garbage could end up being useful! I'll try to remember to give an update as to how the dimensionals work out.

No comments: