Thursday, January 28, 2016

A LITTLE VALENTINE DECORATION IN WOOL

Lately, I've been seeing some patchwork backgrounds on wool appliqué projects and have been wanting to try to create one.  I designed my pattern last night and cut out the pieces today, feeling more and more apprehensive about how it would turn out.  It looks easy enough, but wool (maybe a lot of other fabrics, too) has enough stretch and thickness to it that will cause it to do some shifting once stitching begins, which was even more of an issue considering that there would be a backing to which the pieces would be stitched.  I wasn't sure what would happen once I started to join all of those small pieces with their unique shapes but, despite a couple of small challenges, I was quite pleased with the end result.
Working with wool is so enjoyable!  The only downside that I can see (besides the ouch of having to pay for the wool and then not wanting to cut it up) is that I don't want to stop once I start a project.  Fortunately, I seem to keep choosing small projects that don't take a lot of time to complete.  ;-)  And now I'm decorated for Valentine's Day!

No comments: