Thursday, February 28, 2019

EASTER "ENVELOPE" - WOOL (FELT & FLANNEL) APPLIQUE

I know you normally come here to see cards and other paper craft projects but, every once in a while, I like to share another hobby of mine . . . wool applique.  Thank you for indulging my love for this craft!

Recently, I found a really cute envelope project and pattern that Rebekah L. Smith designed and shared.  I loved the idea of creating an Easter envelope/pocket to eventually adorn a Spring project, so I started gathering some felt, flannel, etc. for the task.  I honestly had every intention of creating an open envelope but, somewhere along the way, that intention fell by the wayside.  


Trying to get my Easter design worked out (as I was stitching) caused a shift in my original plan but, after all was said and done, I was quite pleased!  Did you notice that the (cheap) felt, which I've been hoarding for years, that I used for the bunny has an embossed design?  It is so darn cute in real life, and I was glad for all the times that I've handled that felt, wondering what I would ever do with it!  What really gave the bunny extra adorbsness (that's not a real word) was the hotfix Swarovski crystal for an eye.  [Ahhhhh]  


The pastel patterned flannels (try saying that fast--I dare you) are another product that I've been holding onto for at least two or three years.  I purchased them from Dragonfly Quilt Shop at a quilt/vendor fair, and I don't know if I didn't want to cut into them or if I just liked looking at them.  The flower and leaves embellishment at the top right is hiding an imperfection, and those elements individually have been in my craft room for a long time!  The stitched felt leaves and orange flower are from Stampin' Up!, the text printed flowers are actually paper, and the pretty flower center is a brad that worked nicely to hold the ensemble together.  I felt like I was truly "shopping" in my own craft room while gathering components for this project, and I loved that!  Shopping online is such an easy fix when preparing to start a project, but I proved to myself that I don't have to do that every single time.  So do tell . . . what do you think of this little Spring project?  Would you like to make one for yourself?  You can find and download the envelope pattern on Rebekah L. Smith's web site HERE, and then decorate it for a holiday/occasion of your choice.

1 comment:

Stasher said...

Presh! I love the envelope concept!