Sunday, February 10, 2019

TYPEWRITER-SHAPED BIRTHDAY CARD


Anyone who really knows me will already know that I 💖shaped cards!  If memory serves me correctly, that is the main reason that I purchased my first Cricut machine quite some time ago.  That was way back in "the day" when I had to use the little Gypsy gadget, which was prone to major upsets (aka loss of cut files), to design shaped cards.  And, man, did I go to town designing cards.  I don't even know how many cut files were on my Gypsy in that moment just before they were all lost. I was quite literally crushed (maybe a little angry, too) at the realization that my Gypsy was dead and that it had taken to the grave all of my saved projects.  I came across that gadget a while back (no, I don't know why I didn't stomp it years ago) and found it hard to believe that I ever enjoyed using it as a design tool, but I did!  I had several stylus tools for it and a pretty little case/cover.  It's been a while since I've had space on my countertop for the Cricut Explore used my machine, so today I designed a typewriter-shaped card that I love!  It wouldn't make sense to make a card that I didn't love, now would it?


Fortunately, the nice people at Cricut have made it much easier to use their machines, and the machines have really come a long way!  Not only do they cut beautifully, they're just easier and more foolproof to use!  I would love to have a Maker, but it's just not in my budget.  Of course, if I could find a buyer for my three Cricut machines + one dead Gypsy, I could probably afford the new Maker.  But didn't this card end up really cute?  I actually made two of them because if you're going to cut one, you might as well cut two, right? The stamped images are from Stampin' Up!'s Picture Perfect Birthday stamp set.  And now I'm prepared for the next two birthday people!  How about you?  Did you drag out something to dust off and use this weekend?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is darling. Did you design it yourself? I was curious if it’s posted or available in Cricut Design Space?