Monday, May 18, 2020

"BIRDS & BRANCHES" . . . COMING SOON!


There's a beautiful product bundle in Stampin' Up!'s new catalog, and I had a chance to work with some of the stamps and dies the other day.  Oh my.  I am in love.  It's the Birds & Branches bundle, and it is just so sweet.  You want to see the whole card, I'm sure, so here you go:


To make this card, I began by cutting the leafy wreath from a piece of Whisper White cardstock that I had embossed with the Woodland embossing folder.  On the back of this layer, I adhered the stamped and die-cut nest (Crumb Cake cardstock) and the Pool Party die-cut eggs, which I sponged with Pool Party ink and then brushed with the Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush.  That adorable bird was die-cut from Whisper White cardstock, and then colored by sponging with Pool Party, Pacific Point, and Soft Suede ink.  I thought the Champagne Rhinestone Jewel was perfect for his eye!  On the backside of the die-cut leafy wreath, I placed Foam Adhesive Strips to hold the wood-looking designer paper, which is from the brand new In Good Taste DSP.  A scrap of this same DSP was used for the stamped sentiment, which was cut with the Classic Label punch.  I think everyone is going to need this DSP because there are soooooooo many beautiful images/textures!  


The finished Whisper White layer was adhered to Early Espresso cardstock.  Before adhering it to the Pool Party card, I wrapped a strip of Polka Dot Tulle ribbon around the layers.  The metal leaf is from Tropical Oasis Trinkets, and I tied it onto the tulle ribbon with a piece of Linen Thread.

So do you love this card as much as I do?


No comments: