Monday, May 4, 2020

TALL LATTE FOR BRYSON

Today is my nephew's 25th birthday, and it seems strange that we haven't celebrated as a family--or that a celebration isn't planned due to the COVID-19 restrictions.  I am really missing the usual family gatherings, and I know that I'm not the only one!

Since my Cricut Explore is still on the countertop and ready to go, I designed a shaped latte card for Bryson.  He works at a trendy coffee house, so I thought he could appreciate a tall latte for his birthday.


When Bryson was born, I didn't realize just how grateful I would be that my sister had a son.  My son was 4 y/o at the time, and he instantly claimed Bryson as his brother.  He told EVERYONE that he had a baby brother and that his brother didn't live with us.  Think about that.  Can you imagine the kind of looks that strangers gave me when Chad would proudly tell them about his baby brother who didn't live with us?  People clearly didn't know whether to feel sad for both of us or if they should see about having Chad removed from my custody.  Chad's proclamation of having a baby brother wasn't a little phase that he went through for a short while.  I've probably written about this in a past blog post, but I had to explain to more than one elementary teacher that this "brother" they'd heard about was actually my nephew.  Even with explanation, some of the teachers still gave me that "yeah, sure" look.  Bryson and Chad were a lot like brothers during their growing years, and my sister and I enjoyed going on vacations and day trips with our boys.  Time passes too quickly!


Feel free to sing a little birthday jingle in honor of Bryson today!


No comments: