Wednesday, June 17, 2020

"BY THE DOCK" FATHER'S DAY CARD + ENVELOPE


One of the Father's Day cards that I made this week featured Stampin' Up!'s By the Dock stamp set and coordinating Dockside dies.  As shallow as it may sound, there was one single thing about this bundle that kept drawing me in. While there's so much to love about the stamp set and dies, it was that darn leaping frog that continuously prevented me from just turning the page.  Is he not the cutest?!?!  Has he captivated you, too?  I don't even like real life frogs!  I find NOTHING cute about them, and I especially dislike that some of them are hesitant to hop away (before or after) I start swishing a broom their way.  I don't know if they sleep when they appear to be awake or if they know that there's no way I'll get close enough to touch them.  What I know is that I put off buying this bundle until it could no longer be purchased as a bundle, and that one leaping frog made me do it.  I have zero regrets.  


After addressing the envelope, I thought it needed a little decorating.  This is probably the most simple stamping that I've ever done on an envelope and yet I find it very pleasing.  Sometimes less is more.  It's rare for me to watercolor an image on an envelope, but this one turned out very well--probably because it was such a small area to color.  My card layout was inspired by one that Cindy Brumbaugh had shared on Pinterest, and I loved it.  One of the nice things about buying a product that isn't brand new is being able to find plenty of inspiring project samples.


Cardstock colors featured on this card include Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Pear Pizzazz, Mossy Meadow, and Balmy Blue.  I'll bet you've already noticed that pretty embossed background, huh?  The brand new Seabed embossing folder is to thank for that, and it is so pretty!  Other Stampin' Up! products featured on my card include the Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush (on the "water") and the oh, so pretty die-cut scalloped rectangle from Stitched So Sweetly dies.


Surely, I have a happy father's day stamp somewhere but, honestly, I didn't look too hard for one.  Instead, I wrote out my own.  It's far from perfect, but it didn't disappoint.

If something really small has ever prompted you to purchase a stamp set or dies, do tell!

No comments: