Monday, June 22, 2020

"WHISKEY BUSINESS"


Whiskey Business is one of the brand new stamp sets in Stampin' Up!'s catalog, and it was one of the first products that I added to my wish list.  When deciding what kind of card to make for my husband for Father's Day, it didn't take long before I reached for Whiskey BusinessI stamped the images onto watercolor paper and colored them with ink and a water brush.  The sentiment layer was a label that had already been cut with one of the Stitched So Sweetly dies, and I gave it a little texture by stamping the wood-looking image repeatedly--up, down, and across--with Early Espresso ink.  The sentiment was stamped with VersaMark ink, and then heat-embossed with Black embossing powder.


I thought the ice cubes needed a little something, so my finishing touch was brushing them with the Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush.

Masculine cards always seem to be the most tricky, but this one was a breeze!  In a couple of days, I'll post photos of the waterfall card that I made for my daddy.  ;-)


2 comments:

Stasher said...

Really attractive card. I agree that stamp set is different for Stampin' Up.

Samantha Schriver said...

Love this! Every time I see this set I think about my dad and how he would love a card made with this set. Thanks for sharing :)
-Samantha