Tuesday, June 30, 2020

A GREAT USE FOR PAPER & CARDSTOCK THAT'S TAKING UP SPACE

I needed to replenish my stack of scrap paper the other day, and it occurred to me that I may have never shared this wonderful tip on my blog.  


A few years ago as I was trying to downsize my hoarded overstock of designer paper, I was at that point in the process where I was tossing it into trash bags.  🤯 I know, I know . . . that's an outright blasphemous act.  Believe me, it was making me SICK to see all of that pretty paper getting ready for its journey to a landfill.  You've probably been in that same predicament where the voice of Greater Good is saying "atta girl . . . keep tossin'!" and yet your brain is thinking "What a waste! How can I put you to use?!?".  And that's when it came to me . . . I could cut the paper into 4x6 pieces to use for notes, scribbles, scrap, etc.  For a couple of days, I was a paper-cuttin' machine and felt great for having saved all of that paper for a new purpose.  Then I had a lot of paper that needed somewhere to stay, but it seemed to take a lot less space now.  I bundled a lot of it and shared with family members, but I still have some bundles scattered here and there in my stamp room.  For example, on top of my Ikea unit, I have this small supply:


For my daily use, I am still using the card holder that was part of this tutorial ensemble that I designed in 2015.  It fits perfectly on the cart that stays by my desk, and I use the pretty scrap paper ALL the time!  


When I break down kits/supplies, I put some of the paper components in my scrap stash.  If I'm cutting paper and end up with cuts that I don't think I'll use for crafting, I add them to the stash.  The only papers that I didn't save from the trash bag (or don't add to my stash today) were the ones that are too dark or too textured to write on.  

There have been times when I reached for one of my scraps and decided to use it as a layer on a card so . . . yes . . . that happens.  If you are getting lost among more paper or cardstock than you think you could ever use, thin it out by cutting and giving it a new purpose!  It's a new way to love your paper!

No comments: