Sunday, June 28, 2020

WATERFALL FATHER'S DAY CARD


Today I'm sharing the Father's Day card that I made for my daddy this year.  I won't say that I always think about making a Waterfall card when I see a stamp set with several small images, but . . . it happens a lot.  Since daddy is a sharp-dressed man, I tend to hold onto stamp sets such as Truly Tailored and Well Dressed, which are the stamp sets featured on this card.  Of course, I had to decorate the envelope, too.  Since Waterfall cards have been around for a long time, I won't bore you with details . . . just photos.


I thought it was a good idea to use the "Lookin' sharp" stamp to decorate the back of each "falling" panel, as well as the background of the card front.


My cardstock colors are Soft Sea Foam, Whisper White, and Basic Black.


As you probably know, you don't have to have a traditional card base with a Waterfall card.  Instead, the moving mechanism can be adhered to a single piece of cardstock (that doesn't open like a regular card), and your message/signature can go on the last panel (the widest) of the waterfall.  I thought about doing that with this card, but I ended up using a traditional card base and put my written message and signature on the inside.

No comments: