Sunday, October 11, 2020

A FALL THANK YOU (TRIPLE CUBE POP UP) CARD

 


I have been a tad addicted to making Triple Cube Pop Up Cards.  Have you made one yet?  The one that I'm sharing today is a mini version that was designed to easily fit into an A2 envelope.  I used instructions that Dawn Griffith shared.  It's really easy to make . . . score a piece of 7" x 7-1/2" cardstock (with the 7-1/2" edge at the top of the scoring tool) at 1.75", 3.5", 5.25", and 7".  Turn the cardstock so that the 7" edge is at the top of the paper trimmer, and cut two strips that are 1.75" wide.  These two strips are the short cubes that get adhered to the tall one.  I adhered the DSP to the tall cube prior to assembly, but I waited until the sentiment corner strips were adhered before adhering DSP to the short cubes.  


I used Stampin' Up!'s Plaid Tidings DSP to decorate this project.  I am in love with those plaids!  As you can see, I also used the Forever Gold Laser Cuts to embellish this card.  Two non-Stampin' Up! punches (which I have had for YEARS) were used to cut the tiny leaves from a scrap piece of mirrored gold that I didn't use from the laser cuts.  It's hard to tell from the photos, but I used one of the Greenery embossing folders on the Very Vanilla squares.


Those two leaf punches were also used on the DSP that I adhered to the back of the tall cube.  The other "back" section is where my message was written for the recipient of this card.


Lastly, I used Pumpkin Pie, Cajun Craze, and Crushed Curry inks to color the envelope.  The stamped leaves are from the Forever Fern stamp set.  As you can see, this card folds as flat as possible for mailing.


2 comments:

NancyDawson said...

Gorgeous! I may have to try this one. Thanks for sharing.

Brenda Tapp said...

You, my stampin' friend, ALWAYS (always!) amaze me! Thanx for (another) challenge :)