Sunday, March 30, 2008

GLITTERED GRAPES

Last Friday, I went on a shopping trip with my mother, grandmother, and sister and had a blast! I didn't spend a lot of money, but I did pick up a few new things to play with . . . of course! To create this card, I used all SU card stock (Elegant Eggplant, Wild Wasabi, Whisper White, and Brushed Copper). The grape wreath image was created with a brass stencil. I adhered the stencil to the card stock with removable tape and then used a stencil brush to apply Shiva Artist's Paintstik colors. These are sticks of oil paint that resemble fat crayons. Having never used them before, I only purchased a set of three minis. The brown vine on the wreath was colored with a blender pen and Stampin' Pastels since I didn't have a brown paintstik. The embossed Elegant Eggplant card stock was created with a Cuttlebug embossing folder, and I lightly brushed a Copper Encore Metallic ink pad over it. Other SU products used include copper brads, "Boho Backgrounds" stamp set, and (retired) copper cord.

No comments: