Sunday, February 15, 2009

"CHEEP TALK" & MY BLONDE MOMENT

This is my first real creation with "Cheep Talk" which I just received on Friday. What a fun little stamp set this is! I LOVE it even more than I thought I would!!!! Being that I just used it for the first time tonight, it didn't occur to me to use markers to color the branch and leaves--DUH!--so I had to stamp the leafy portion of the stamp onto Always Artichoke card stock and cut out those tiny leaves to place on the card. Hated that! The scalloped eyelet square was created with SU's Eyelet Border punch, as was the strip of designer paper that I used to make the flower (thanks for that idea, Laura). Pretty cool, huh? Speaking of "cheep" talk, wanna hear about my blonde moment? I felt so stupid! My husband is in Lebanon, but he gave me a phone number where I could reach him. I tried twice yesterday and again today, but I kept getting these two guys who seemed to really enjoy playing with the dumb foreigner who has suddenly decided to start calling them! I think they have even been waiting for my calls! So aggravating!!!!!!!! Finally, I asked Chadrick to IM his dad and ask that he call me. A little while later, my BIL called to give me the number to call my husband. It was the same number that I had been calling! He had just talked to my husband by calling that number, so I decided to try again. This time, I very carefully looked at each number and followed my finger on the phone's keypad. YIKES! The last number of the country code is 1, but my finger went to press 7! I'm so used to the position of the 1 being on the bottom left of a calculator and my finger instinctively went down there to press 1, but I was dialing 7 instead. OMG!!!!! While the phone was ringing, I checked online to find the 967 country code and learned that I have been calling YEMEN!!!!!!!! My husband got a kick out of that and said if he was ever in Yemen, he'd give my regards to my new boyfriends. LOL!

No comments: