Tuesday, February 10, 2009

"LOVE YOU MUCH" CRAYON BOX

My husband is leaving the country tomorrow to go visit his family, and it occurred to me a little while ago that he wouldn't be here for Valentine's Day. Yikes! I wasn't sure what I could throw together at the last minute, but I pulled out my Tags, Bags, Boxes & More cartridge and selected this Crayon Box that I cut with the Cricut. I used stamps from SU's "Love You Much" stamp set to decorate it. You can just barely see the love birds that I stamped on the heart-shaped acetate window, but I didn't want to untie the ribbon for another picture. This little package is neatly tucked away in the suitcase now, ready to be discovered with a card when he unpacks. He'll be traveling for 24 hours . . . yes . . . 24 long hours, but at least he'll have a little treat to open in a few days. As I was finding the perfect spot for this treat, I was reminded that when my son was little and my husband had to travel, Chadrick would always sneak one of his army men in the suitcase--one that wasn't hanging from the ficus tree in the living room or left to die in the bathtub. Those little men have seen more of the world than I ever will! It was kind of like a Flat Stanley (I think that's what that character in the book is called--the concept is even in a TV commercial). I guess my husband is destined to always find some kind of stow-away from home when he leaves town.

No comments: