Sunday, February 15, 2009

TURNING TRICKS

Not that kind of tricks . . . tricks with dies. Actually, I don't know if there's a real term for altering the finished cut that a die creates, but I call it "tricking." This afternoon, I worked with the Scallop Envelope die and came up with two tricks . . . one was a wider envelope which will hold a credit or gift card, and one was a longer envelope. I'm really excited about the longer envy!!! If you click on the picture, a larger one should open so you can see the finished projects better. Once again, I used retired designer paper since I wasn't sure how many times I'd have to work on these cuts. All of the papers pictured here are from the "Recollections" series. I loved this paper--reminds me of vintage wallcovering. The layered flowers on the long envelope were cut from SU's "Birds & Blooms" Sizzlits dies. Didn't they layer nicely?

1 comment:

Judy H. said...

Regina, how do you do this? Inquiring minds wanna know... Judy H.