Wednesday, February 11, 2009

SCALLOP ENVELOPE PURSE

One of the best feelings that a paper crafter gets is when she/he discovers alternate uses for products they buy. For instance, you purchase a Sizzix Scallop Envelope die and might wonder how many scallop envelopes you'll make. Well, this is the second or third project that I have found that can be made with that one die. Of course, you can cut scallop envelopes all day long, but you can also create a scalloped edge box and now this scalloped edge purse with that one die! How cool is that???? I love this little purse, and it was lickety-split-quick to make! Just cut two envelopes, trim the bottom flaps to 1", cut a 1" x 11" handle, and you're done! Don't forget to add the embossed flower to the front! I used SU's "Simple Flower" Embosslits for that! BTW, the paper I used on this project is SU's retired "Green Tea." Sometimes I make a mess when I try a project for the first time, so I started this one with retired paper. It just stands to reason that this one would end up perfect on the first try. Ha!

No comments: