Monday, April 27, 2009

FIRST SNAKE!

Yikes! And it's not even Summer yet!!!!!!! I stepped out on the porch today as my husband talked to two guys in the back yard about doing some work. There was a really nice breeze, and I was just looking around at how yucky things were with all of the pollen, but pretty because of the azaleas. That's when I spotted it! Or was it just a strap laying there. But a strap from what? I've not seen one like this around here . . . it was black with yellow stripes. I wanted to just scream for my husband, but I stopped myself. I tried to recite the safety snake poem . . . red touches yellow, you're a dead fellow. Or is it black touches yellow, you've got to kill the fellow? Of course, I thought I have to interrupt hubby before this thing gets away, but what if it's just a strap . . . he'll never let me live it down! It turned out to be the real thing, it's dead now, and I guess it was a garden variety--I really don't know, but it's not something I wanted to let live. At times like this, I really, really, really wish that I could live somewhere that's not wooded! I can't stand this kind of Summer surprise, and I have many months of Summer left to go. I hope other slithering creatures caught a glimpse of their fate if they come closer! Why do these things ALWAYS want to be by the porch? Geez Almighty! I would look for a picture on the internet so I could show it to you, but I wouldn't want to visit my blog if that thing was here. Time to buy some moth balls!

No comments: