Friday, April 24, 2009

A NOTE FOR AUNT BETTY

Check out this card that I made for Aunt Betty! We have a family reunion tomorrow, and I always send a card to Betty reminding her that I expect to find one of her delicious chicken pies on the table! I love her chicken pie so much that when she shared the recipe in a cookbook a couple of years ago, she named it "Regina's Famous Chicken Pie." How about that???? My mother called to tell me that Betty LOVED this card that she received from me and that it looked "real expensive." Ha! In some ways, it was expensive! Isn't the pink leafy background beautiful??? I used the Cricut to cut it, and it was a ready-made
design on one of the cartridges--a design that I hadn't cut before, but I will surely cut it again! I'm also showing you a picture of the back of the envelope. The front also had flowers, so I mailed this card and envelope inside another envelope so it wouldn't get damaged. I also thought Betty would appreciate not having to tear up the envelope to get into it. ;-)



No comments: