Thursday, August 6, 2009

FAST FORWARD TO HALLOWEEN

My preorder from the Holiday mini catalog arrived today, and you know I had to play! I was really excited about two of the new products . . . the "Sweet Centers" stamp set and the Sweet Treats Cups . . . so my very first project is this one . . . a Halloween treat! The good thing about the cups is that they already have adhesive on them, and they're a very generous depth--approx. 1/2"! To create the circle cut-out in the center, I used a Sizzix die (also from the Holiday mini catalog) that works with the Curly Label Bigz XL die. You probably should start saving a few dollars because you are sure to want some of the new goodies coming your way. The stamp set that I used to create this card has images perfect for Valentine's, Christmas, and everyday events, and they are each designed for a circle center to be filled with one of the Sweet Treats cups. How cool is this? I'm not 100% pleased with this card design, but you can definitely get an idea of how the treat cups work. All the little trick-or-treaters in your life would certainly like to get one of these cards. SU even has padded envelopes just for these projects! The designer paper used on this card is from the Cast-a-Spell collection.

No comments: