Sunday, August 9, 2009

THE ONE THAT GOT AWAY (FOR NOW)

This layout was designed for my scrapbook club's second workshop; however, since it was early July, I opted for a patriotic layout instead. This one became quite a challenge because I had originally used a stamp set in early June that didn't make it to SU's new catalog. So . . . I had to re-create some elements and do away with the stamped images. I still love this layout and may use it for the September workshop but, chances are, I'll get a wild hair and do something else. This project features some really fun SU products . . . punched flowers, Circle Scissor Plus (for the circles that fill the tree), chipboard, scallop edge punch, die cut leaves and letters, linen thread, buttons, and that adorable jumbo grommet! While there is space at the bottom of the second page for hand-written journaling, I placed the leaves by each photo mat for the purpose of recording specific identifying information, if desired. I had a lot of fun working on this layout, although it's one of the most "fussy" that I've designed. Watch out, scrapbook club members . . . you just might end up doing this one after all!

1 comment:

diesel5857@charter.net said...

Nice fall or end-of-summer/back-to-school page.